Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_voting_barNew Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_vote_lcapNew Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_voting_barNew Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

New Project.... I'm bored

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 am

yeah these things are kick@$$!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 pm

I have been begging her for a year to post a pic of one of hers flying but no luck yet!
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 pm

well get her to eventually! specially with this quad cylinder engine!
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:43 pm

I would love to see any of them flying!!!! after all her hard work!!!
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

Infinite Scores : 100

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:03 pm

This is the De Havilland Super Chipmunk. I've tried to keep it as scale as the real one Art Scholl flew. Those who don't know Art Scholl, he was stunt pilot and was killed filming the flat spin scene in "Top Gun". They had the shot, Art wanted to go one more time to make sure they had a good safety shot in case the first one failed to be what everyone wanted. The S2 Pitts he was flying flat spun into the Pacific Ocean and neither he nor his plane were ever recovered. The last they ever heard from him was, "I have a problem, a really big problem."

So here's to you Art.

New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Chipmunk2
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Chipmunk1
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Chipmunk4
New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Chipmunk3

GD forum blocked me the first time. I hope this makes it through.
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:09 pm

As they said in The Flight of the Phoenix, I only flew powered gliders. I'm not proficient in planes like this one. I build the because I am bored sitting and it's cheaper than a shrink. One day I will find someone in one of the clubs around here who has balls enough to think me being lesbian won't rub off on him or her. Sorry Jeff. I not that good of a pilot. So why do I build? To keep from having to go see a shrink.

Sorry I haven't posted so much lately. I'm ok, just tired of fighting with the veterans administration for my rights. Idaho isn't a place for diversity I can tell you right now.

Off the soap box.

I hope your day goes better.

JacLynn
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Well it is still great to see you build them! How many total do you have now built! ?????
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:31 am

This was my fifth in this last year, if you count the one I fell on and destroyed. It was the Cessna 182. I have another Cessna partially built. Scraps was more of an experiment to see how much of a plane I could build out of scrap wood. Except for some crucial parts, everything in Scraps is recovered wood from other kits including parts from the ill-fated Cessna.
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:01 pm

That is vwery impressive..... but there are better ways to destroy them then falling on them.... give one to me and I will show you how to wreck them LOL
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 pm

I have a box in one of the bedrooms which I have opened several times and re-taped. It's a 1/3 scale Piper Cub. The wing is 12 feet... which means if I was to pull this on a trailer down the freeway I would have to get a special permit for over width. affraid ...I think this is going to be a winter project. The kit is an ultimate scale plane which means if there's a rib, it belongs there and nowhere else. The plane is big enough and so well designed I could, if I wanted to, build into the airframe actually cables that run off the stick and rudder controls. The Cub also has a variable incidence stabilizer. What I mean by that is the stabilizer has an adjustment just like the full scale plane to adjust trim by moving the entire stabilizer up or down. I am seriously thinking about adding the actual scale sized crank inside the cockpit where it is on the full scale Cub. I would have to come up with some pulleys and cables. I was actually thinking about using deep sea fishing line. I can get stainless steel line cheaper than hobby cabling. Still it's going to be $100.00 for a roll of it but what's a $100 bucks when I already have over $3500.00 tied up in the plane, motor, onboard starter, radio and a few things I have forgotten because I don't want to open the box again... oh ya, I had to buy a gas welding set to make the landing gear... another 100 bucks.

Let's add this up ok?

$599.99 for the Balsa USA Piper Cub kit. affraid

$300.00 for two rolls of Cub Yellow fabric covering for the Cub affraid

$299.99 for the FEMA On board starter. affraid

$57.00 for an extra set of plans (I hate building on my original plans) affraid

$1399.99 for the OS Max Pegasus four cylinder engine. affraid

$270.00 for the radio without servos. affraid

$216.00 for 6 servos. affraid

$99.99 for the mini gas welding set plus extra gas cylinders. affraid

$60.00 for the silver solder to build the landing gear. affraid

$100.00 for cabling. affraid

$35.00 for the scale aileron kit. affraid
The grand total with the plane still in the box is: $3437.96 (I'm skeered ta build it.) affraid affraidaffraid

Do you still want to build model aircraft? It gets away from one in a hurry.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm

I should try to price out everything I have bought for the celica one day but it might make me sick to my stomach! LOL
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:50 pm

if i got into it it would deffinatly be more like the link you sent me! 3500 on a model plane... i've never even seen that much money! i'd spend the 500 on a plane and the 3000 on a YTZ450 or 400EX Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:56 am

500 wont get you very far!!!!
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:18 pm

with the starter kit that rosie sent it would. i wouldnt want anymore then that.
unless i really got into it. but hell $300 bucks it says it has the radio, engine and plane.
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:06 am

Cool then I say sell a kidney!!!! hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Project.... I'm bored
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2