Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
Plant question. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
Plant question. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
Plant question. EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
Plant question. EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
Plant question. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
Plant question. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
Plant question. EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
Plant question. EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
Plant question. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
Plant question. I_vote_lcapPlant question. I_voting_barPlant question. I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
Plant question. I_vote_lcapPlant question. I_voting_barPlant question. I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

Plant question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Plant question.   Plant question. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:03 pm

My whole yard is covered in white Limerock i do beleive what it is.
my grandparents had it poured when they built the house 30 or so years ago.
well, i took some and put in my fish tank and the next morning i had a tank full of dead fish floating upside down. my question is, can this make my plants sick?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant question.   Plant question. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Do you mean Limestone, And do you mean it killed all your fish what does that have to do with plants.... I am confussed!?
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

Infinite Scores : 100

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant question.   Plant question. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 pm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agricultural lime, also called garden lime or liming (soil), is a soil additive made from pulverized limestone or chalk. The primary active component is calcium carbonate. Additional chemicals vary depending on the mineral source and may include calcium oxide, magnesium oxide and magnesium carbonate.

Effects on soil:

* it increases the pH of acidic soil (the higher the pH the less acidic the soil)
* it provides a source of calcium for plants
* it permits improved water penetration for acidic soils

Lime may occur naturally in some soils but may require addition of sulfuric acid for its agricultural benefits to be realized. Gypsum is also used to supply calcium for plant nutrition. The concept of "corrected lime potential" to define the degree of base saturation in soils became the basis for procedures now used in soil testing laboratories to determine the "lime requirement" of soils.

Other forms of lime have common applications in agriculture and gardening, including dolomitic lime and hydrated lime. Dolomitic lime may be used as a soil input to provide similar effects as agricultural lime, while supplying magnesium in addition to calcium. In livestock farming, hydrated lime can be used as a disinfectant measure, producing a dry and alkaline environment in which bacteria do not readily multiply. In horticultural farming it can be used as an insect repellant, without causing harm to the pest or plant.

Spinner style lime spreaders are generally used to spread agricultural lime on fields. Several companies such as Stoltzfus Spreaders manufacture spreaders for this purpose. Ag lime is also injected into coal burners at power plants. It's primary use is to reduce the NOX and S02 from the emissions.

I would assume from reading this, the limerock (stone) changed the acidity in the water and the fish probably couldn't breath.
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant question.   Plant question. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:49 pm

oh ok, thanks! that really helped me out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant question.   Plant question. EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:39 am

WOW that was cool that the question could be answered so nicely!!! Great Job!
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Plant question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plant question.   Plant question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Plant question.
Page 1 of 1