Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_vote_lcapHow To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_voting_barHow To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_vote_lcapHow To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_voting_barHow To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

Infinite Scores : 60

How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less Empty
PostSubject: How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less   How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 pm

First, I'll tell you how to wash and wax your car in an hour or less. This does not include any polishing so this method won't correct any defects. However, if your car is in good condition already or you just want it clean and protected, this method is excellent.

Products you will need:

2 gallon capacity bucket
1 wash pad, I like to use chenille covered foam pads
4-5 16" x 16" microfiber towels
2-3 terry cloth or cotton towels
Wheel brush(s)
Tire protectant
Glass Cleaner
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine: http://www.ecocarcare.net/no-rinse-wash-shine.php
Optimum Car Wax: http://www.ecocarcare.net/car-wax.php

Steps:

1. Using a capful or approximately one half ounce of Optimum No Rinse (ONR), add it to one gallon of water in the bucket.

2. Clean your wheels, tires and fenderwells using the ONR mixture and your brushes, wipe dry with the terry cloth towels.

3. Dress the wheels and fenderwells with your tire dressing-and don't forget the fenderwells! Dirty fenderwells detract from an otherwise clean and shiny car!

The reason to do the wheels and fenderwells first is so when you apply the tire dressing, any overspray will be washed off the car during the washing step.

4. Empty out your bucket and refill with clean water, adding one half to one full ounce of ONR (less if relatively clean, more if really dirty).

5. Using a chenille covered foam pad or a wash mitt, wash one section of the car at a time and dry immediately using two microfiber towels, one for the first drying pass and making sure you leave a little moisture behind, use the other towel for a second drying pass. If you get the panel completely dry with the first towel, then don't go over it with the second towel because rubbing even a soft microfiber towel on dry paint can leave streaks.

Once you get the process down (it may take a couple washes to really nail it) you should be able to wash the body of your car in 20 minutes or less unless it is really filthy.

6. After washing open your doors, gas cap door and trunk or hatch and wipe down all the jambs.

7. Using Optimum Car Wax (OCW), spray onto a section at a time. Don't soak the panel, just a mist should do. Spread the wax over the panel, flip the towel and wipe to a haze free shine. If you can use a detail spray, you can use OCW, it is that easy. Depending on your area, wash habits, etc, you can expect 3-5 months durability. Honestly though, it is so easy to use you will probably use it every few washes. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to do the whole car. In fact, you can also apply it as you dry each section when washing with ONR to save even more time, or apply while washing and apply a second coat for even better protection with very little additional time spent.

8. Clean your glass inside and out.

Stand back and admire your shiny car!

Last edited by jjski78 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

PostSubject: Re: How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less   How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:35 pm

If i may add to this, tire shine tip. i like tires with white lettering on them, or white wall. but white is hard to keep clean! every time it gets dirty i put gojo on it, let it soak for 5-10 seconds and wipe it away. the longer you let it soak the more it cleans but it takes everything off and makes the white look new again! it doesn't take the age out of the white if its a old tire. but it takes all the grease and dirt off without a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

Infinite Scores : 60

PostSubject: Re: How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less   How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Westley's Bleche White works perfect for tires with or without whitewalls or lettering. Gets that brown funk off real quick and is a bit less messy than gojo I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less   How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less Empty

Back to top Go down

How To PROPERLY Wash Your Ride In An Hour Or Less
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinite :: Automotive :: Detailing 101-
Jump to: