Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
i need help...again lol EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
i need help...again lol EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
i need help...again lol EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
i need help...again lol EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
i need help...again lol EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
i need help...again lol EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
i need help...again lol EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
i need help...again lol EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
i need help...again lol EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
i need help...again lol I_vote_lcapi need help...again lol I_voting_bari need help...again lol I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
i need help...again lol I_vote_lcapi need help...again lol I_voting_bari need help...again lol I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

i need help...again lol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dj rex
Radical Members
Radical Members
dj rex

Infinite Scores : 152

i need help...again lol Empty
PostSubject: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:10 am

so im thinking about buying a media server and im thinking that i wanna have something to do and make my own Smile but theres a problem i need a store that sells those parts!!

does anyone kno a good store that sells these parts?

or

if u kno a good media server that does IDE harddrives instead of SATA I or II or e - SATA as i do not have any of those types of harddrives and do not wish to purchase them lol

thanks for the help

-- andrew Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suicidal_tendencies18
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

Infinite Scores : 100

PostSubject: Re: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm

dj rex wrote:
so im thinking about buying a media server and im thinking that i wanna have something to do and make my own Smile but theres a problem i need a store that sells those parts!!

does anyone kno a good store that sells these parts?

or

if u kno a good media server that does IDE harddrives instead of SATA I or II or e - SATA as i do not have any of those types of harddrives and do not wish to purchase them lol

thanks for the help

-- andrew Smile

A media server can be made using a decent motherboard with at least a dual core 3.0G processor. You going to want a high frontside buss rate with a minimum 733Megahertz transfer. A gaming mother board would be better for what your wanting to do. There isn't a cheap way to do media servers so expect to pay for a accelerated video card with at as much onboard video memory as you can get.

IDE drives will bottle neck the server so it's SATA or SCSI drives to make things run fast and reliable.

SCSI drives will stack well in a single case so you can add drives as you need them up to the power supplies rating.

SATA drives need a port for each drive. SATA is less expensive than SCSI but still has a bottle neck in the system file transfer.

SCSI is faster with less problems transferring data but more expensive.

A good basic SCSI tower will be in the price range of $1000.00.

A SATA system will be about a third less but with less capabilities.
Back to top Go down
dj rex
Radical Members
Radical Members
dj rex

Infinite Scores : 152

PostSubject: Re: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:56 am

ight thanks for all the advice Smile

would u happen to kno a good store for building a computer? i want one for gaming cuz the one i have now is pretty crappy for it and i think the OS is currupted cuz it wont do anything =/

besides i need a hobby and i think building computers would be a kickbutt hobby Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suicidal_tendencies18
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

PostSubject: Re: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:29 pm

I built computers for a while with my dad back in the early 90's and not to be a bummer but it gets boring and then expensive after one or two.

We use to work through a place online called CompPC.

Comp USA is cool if you have some near you!
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

PostSubject: Re: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 pm

renee uses www.geeks.com and www.neweggs.com
trust me if its good enough for her then im sure its good enough for you. she does this for a living!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i need help...again lol   i need help...again lol Empty

Back to top Go down

i need help...again lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinite :: The Hobby Lobby :: Computer Talk-
Jump to: