Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
New Project.... I'm bored EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
New Project.... I'm bored EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
New Project.... I'm bored EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
New Project.... I'm bored I_vote_lcapNew Project.... I'm bored I_voting_barNew Project.... I'm bored I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
New Project.... I'm bored I_vote_lcapNew Project.... I'm bored I_voting_barNew Project.... I'm bored I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

New Project.... I'm bored

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

Infinite Scores : 100

New Project.... I'm bored Empty
PostSubject: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 pm

New Project.... I'm bored P1020710

This is my latest project. It is made from almost 80% scrap wood from left overs from other kits hense the name Scraps or Scrappy.

More to come.
Back to top Go down
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

Infinite Scores : 60

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I really want to get into RC planes, but it's like WAAAYYYY expensive.
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:59 am

Start Small!
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

Infinite Scores : 306

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 am

yeah, you can find a little gas plane in a kit for $200-300 dollars up. there not that bad, think of all the fun you'll have! just dont buy a high dollar one and crash it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/n0limits0ldier
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm

I say watch EBay and try to get some stuff a little cheaper and I bet Jaclyn can help yoou with everything. But I just got rid of a bunch of hobbies and I am trying to keep them to a minimum! CAR and a little Golf! and my wife is my new hobby!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:14 pm

jjski78 wrote:
I really want to get into RC planes, but it's like WAAAYYYY expensive.

You can get a park flier for about a $100.00. It has everything except the transmitter batteries. Here's a link to the newer version of the one we have.

Go here http://www3.towerhobbies.com Then in the search bar type this: Hobbico FlyZone SkyFly

I can seem to get the direct link to work.

Not bad for $110.00

JacLynn
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Jeffro wrote:
I say watch EBay and try to get some stuff a little cheaper and I bet Jaclyn can help yoou with everything. But I just got rid of a bunch of hobbies and I am trying to keep them to a minimum! CAR and a little Golf! and my wife is my new hobby!!! LOL

Unless you really know what your looking for I wouldn't buy from Ebay. I have found some engines that the customer says is collectible.... ya right. They were made in the last ten years. Kit planes are even worse unless you get a newbe... I was looking at a B 25 Mitchell and the price was not bad and I bid on it... I lost by 45 seconds... the next B 25 is still in the box and the lowest bid is $290, doesn't some close to the minimum the seller will take. The Royal B 25 sold as a kit for $499.00 in 1987... I know.... I bought one.

The problem with balsa kits on Ebay is they may have been stared in an attic and the wood is either dried out so bad it won't take glue or as one I saw was, mildewed and rotten from moister getting to the wood.
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:18 pm

I framed up the wing this weekend. Here's with it looks like so far.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020762
New Project.... I'm bored P1020763
New Project.... I'm bored P1020764
Back to top Go down
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 pm

You should build a C-130. That's what I work on for a living. But my favorite cargo aircraft of all time is the C-47, or for you non-military folks, the DC3.
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:10 pm

jjski78 wrote:
But my favorite cargo aircraft of all time is the C-47, or for you non-military folks, the DC3.

And I just happen to have one in the box to be assembled. I am making the C-47 Dakota version in U. S. Forest Service colors. It will have full set of air powered retractable landing gear and it will have split flaps. I have a couple of planes to finish so it will be a few months before I get started on the Dakota. When I ordered the kit, I ordered the retracts, navigation lights. landing lights, all weather Goodyear tires and hubs and onboard ignition. I looked at a set of brakes for it but $300.00 is a bit over the edge for me. I have $950.00 invested and it's still in the box. I got an 8 channel 2.4 gigahertz transmitter just for this plane because of the amount of servos it will take to run everything... 9 in all. There's going to be four sets of batteries in this plane, 1 for the navigation lights, 1 for the landing lights, 1 for the ignition and finally a set for the receiver.
Back to top Go down
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 pm

HOLY CRAP!! My supervisor is big into RC. He has 3 Bi-Planes, 2 P51's, and an Extra. They all run on gasoline too, he got tired of paying for the nitro fuel so they all have 50cc or bigger gas engines in them. His BIG P51 has an 86" wingspan, his BIG Biplane is even bigger than that. He got most of his stuff in Japan though, and supposedly it's REALLY cheap there. Everything he flies is an ARF kit.
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm

jjski78 wrote:
HOLY CRAP!! My supervisor is big into RC. He has 3 Bi-Planes, 2 P51's, and an Extra. They all run on gasoline too, he got tired of paying for the nitro fuel so they all have 50cc or bigger gas engines in them. His BIG P51 has an 86" wingspan, his BIG Biplane is even bigger than that. He got most of his stuff in Japan though, and supposedly it's REALLY cheap there. Everything he flies is an ARF kit.

All mine burn Nitro. I never got into the big Moki and Quantums so much. Personally, I don't like the sound. I am looking at getting a OS Max Pegasus sometime in the next year... but I have to find a plane for it. 3.2 CI 4 HP air cooled flat four. I had one once and regret getting rid of it. I am thinking of a 1/3 scale Supercub or Citabria. Bud Nosen make a Piper Cub but I am not a Nosen fan.

Have you ever seen the Proctor kits? Some have real radial engine four stroke engines in them. They are museum quality kits and cost as much as $800.00 for the plane and $2500.00 for the engine.

New Project.... I'm bored Logo10 This is the Technopower Nine Cylinder Engine. $2900.00.... so if you build a B-17 that's $12,000.00 in engines alone.
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:25 am

wow, thats crazy. i'd like to see the cam setup in that. all the pushrods look like there going into the crankshaft, wonder where the cam is?? oh sorry... ill hush =P
thats spending as much on a plane then a brand new car!!
i wonder if a 1/3 model could fly you :-D
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

I am still hoping to see some videos of these things flying!
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 pm

The covering... oh joy.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020765
Roll out... I think the windows make
it look evil... I like it.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020766
Different view.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020767
Other side.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020768
Front View

New Project.... I'm bored P1020769
A bit-o-flair for the show guys.

New Project.... I'm bored P1020770
Makes the wing look better.

This plane cost maybe $20.00 in extra wood and the red Monokote was half off.
I might have $45.00 in it. Most "Sticks" sell for $100-150.00.
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:11 pm

looks great, you should make a video of you flying itt.
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 pm

I have been hoping she would !
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:18 am

Started the 27 year old engine yesterday. Right out of the box, first flip and it ran great... I sure do like Royal Engines.. I only have 6 and a bag-o-parts of a seventh. I have a new engine to put in a plane though. I don't know which one it's going in... but it's going to have to be big. This is what 4.2 HP looks like in a small package. If it looks familiar that's because I had one once before sometime ago. Gwen bought this one for me last week because I missed my old one.

New Project.... I'm bored Pegasu10
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:45 pm

the power of a lawn trimmer in the palm of your hand! lol.
now thats a 2 stroke engine correct?
that looks like it would be such a fun hobby.
Back to top Go down
jjski78
The Engine Guy
The Engine Guy

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Yeah, fun hobby. Time consuming, could be expensive, but fun.
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:33 pm

michanic220 wrote:
the power of a lawn trimmer in the palm of your hand! lol.
now thats a 2 stroke engine correct?
that looks like it would be such a fun hobby.

Four Stroke and 4.2 HP at 8500 RPM. I just got my Balsa USA Cub Wednesday. I about sh*t when I found it cam in two boxes. One for the windshield and the other is one huge, full box of wood. The covering cost me 180 bucks.... don;t tell Gwen... she paid for it... LOL She also paid for the kit. I hate to say how much this thing was. But with the engine, radio, servos and covering (the kit comes with almost everything else) it's 2880 bucks and it's still in the box. I sold my 1/4 scale cub to help pay for what Gwen has spent on me the last month. I was going to sell the entire plane with radio and engine, but when I got an offer of $300.00 I took everything out and sold the plane without anything, just a covered frame for $225.00 to a guy who likes my building. I know he will stuff a .90 in the nose and sell it for $500.00 on Ebay or where ever he sells stuff. I still have the Cessna to finish. I am also building something simple... I'm tired... or rather my brain is tired.. LOL. I am going to get back to the Cessna after I finish my Super Chipmunk.

New Project.... I'm bored Gbga0010
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:50 pm

whats a basic price for a cheap gas plane kit?
about 250-300 dollars for everything?
Back to top Go down
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:56 pm

michanic220 wrote:
whats a basic price for a cheap gas plane kit?
about 250-300 dollars for everything?

New Project.... I'm bored BasicAlmostReadyToFlyTrainer

Nice little plane. You'll need epoxy and maybe some CA (Super Glue for model aircraft) about $18.00 more. Fuel you should get at a local hobby shop because the hazmat charges would break the bank. Here the link so you can look around a bit more. This is a combo, it comes with the engine, radio and plane. You'll have to get a prop but they are not expensive. I would say get wood props because plastic or fibreglass props hurt like hell when the hit you. Wood just usually breaks.

Here's a link to Tower Hobbies where I get most of my stuff. www.towerhobbies.com
Back to top Go down
michanic220
Administrator
michanic220

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:52 pm

hey rosie, hows the plane coming together?
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:12 am

Rosie got yall hooked on it huh!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Project.... I'm bored   New Project.... I'm bored Empty

Back to top Go down

New Project.... I'm bored
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next