Infinite
Infinite
Infinite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating Something From Nothing! Come Take part in this New Custom Life!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 1/3 scale Piper Cub Build
The Buccaneer Restored EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm by jaclynn

» how is everybody?
The Buccaneer Restored EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm by michanic220

» Hoping for the best
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:59 pm by michanic220

» I had surgery a week ago Monday.
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm by jjski78

» update on everything!
The Buccaneer Restored EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am by michanic220

» The Jokes and Nothing but the Jokes~
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 pm by Jeffro

» can you say lego V8?
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm by michanic220

» another project down the road.
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:13 pm by michanic220

» The Celica Project
The Buccaneer Restored EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am by Jeffro

Top posters
Jeffro (796)
The Buccaneer Restored I_vote_lcapThe Buccaneer Restored I_voting_barThe Buccaneer Restored I_vote_rcap 
michanic220 (386)
The Buccaneer Restored I_vote_lcapThe Buccaneer Restored I_voting_barThe Buccaneer Restored I_vote_rcap 
jjski78 (172)
dj rex (141)
jaclynn (126)
larryo587 (88)
mazdaB86 (86)
andymtx (81)
Torched04 (29)
03civicdx (20)

The Buccaneer Restored

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jaclynn
Radical Members
Radical Members

Infinite Scores : 100

The Buccaneer Restored Empty
PostSubject: The Buccaneer Restored   The Buccaneer Restored EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 pm

I have been working on this plane for the last few months, trying to restore it to what it was when I built it 26 years ago. Sadly it will never fly... the wood is too brittle and fear it will crash so it is a display model now. I may build a flying one, but not in the near future. So here it is after a long rest in someones' garage. The Buccaneer.

I like this view the best.

The Buccaneer Restored Buc1

The gun is 6 inches long and gives some idea how big this plane is.

The Buccaneer Restored Buc2

This is the control linkage. It is made from tubular steel and brass sleeves. Gwen did the welding and then I silver soldered the joint to get a nice smooth finish.

The Buccaneer Restored Buc3

There is an engine in the cowl, but it doesn't run. It doesn't even have a carb, head or piston. It's just there for looks. I still have to make the Iron Crosses for the wings and the build a tail skid, but for the most part this 26 year old plane is done and ready to display in my frontroom.

The Buccaneer Restored Buc4
Back to top Go down
Jeffro
Expert Customizer
Expert Customizer
Jeffro

Infinite Scores : 671

The Buccaneer Restored Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Buccaneer Restored   The Buccaneer Restored EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 pm

That is sooo cooollll!!! Sad to hear that it wont fly!!! Looks like it wants too!
Back to top Go down
https://infinitecustoms.forumotion.net

The Buccaneer Restored
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinite :: Lobby :: Seinfeld's Game Room-
Jump to: